Monday, January 7, 2013

16th Avenue Tiled Steps in HDR

It's places like the 16th Avenue tiled steps, that make me fall in love with San Francisco all over again.  I had opened up this envelope 3 weeks ago. Quite honestly I wasn't too excited. I have photographed tiles...   I didn't think I could find much inspiration in a few flights of stairs. I was delightfully wrong.





The plaque before the steps reads; "Many hands created this mosaic, which pays homage to loved ones and the spirit of community. Golden Gate Heights neighbors and friends wish you a pleasant walk" It was completed in August 2005. It is amazing.






Once I got to the top of steps, there is another set of steps.  These steps are built into the hillside; dirty and dusty. No pretty tiles, but a pretty sweet view.


©2013 Hayley Thistlethwaite





No comments:

Post a Comment