Friday, January 13, 2012

The Golden Gate - The Gift of Inspiration





Friday the 13th.... It started out to be what seemed like an ordinary day, but turned into an inspirational day.  Kissed my 2 lil' darlings good-bye. After a long work week, I climbed into my car ready to make the commute.  To my surprise, sitting in my center console was a little package of envelopes, wrapped in a bow, with a note.  

The package was from my husband:

The note said "San Francisco is 49 square miles. Contained in these envelopes are 49 of the City's Treasures.  I thought this would be a good way for you to get out and do some photography and discover the city we now call home.  There is enough for one a week for the rest of this year.  Do what ever you need to make a little time each week.  I will watch the kids. I hope this provides some inspiration.  I love you.  XOXO"

The note, the gesture, the inspiration,  my thoughts raced all day.

So it begins ...

with... 

The Golden Gate Bridge

    © 2012 by Hayley Thisltehwaite. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Your husband is very cool for giving you that gift. And your photography just keeps getting better! Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was the coolest gift! He's good like that. Totally unexpected too! I am having a lot of fun! Reinvigorating my love of photography! Thanks for the compliment... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great gift and project! Can't wait to see the rest of the envelopes! Love all your photos.

    ReplyDelete